COVID-19 Updates and Information
Last Updated: April 9th, 2020 9:00 AM EST.
The Hilton Head Island Visitor & Convention Bureau is closely monitoring the evolving situation regarding COVID-19. The health and safety of our valued visitors and residents always remains our top priority. We will continue to monitor and update you as COVID-19 continues to develop. We have compiled the following official resources to help you stay informed:
- The official website of Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- The official website of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC)
- The official website of the World Health Organization (WHO)
- The official website of The Town of Hilton Head Island, SC
Visitors with questions regarding accommodations, reservations, and special events should inquire directly with the venue or establishment.
On April 6, Governor McMaster ordered a "Stay at Home or Work Order" effective 5 P.M. Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
Home or Work Order
Beginning April 7, 2020, at 5:00 p.m., South Carolina visitors and residents are ordered to limit their movements outside of their residence (any dwelling facility without regard to the length of stay, such as single-family and multi-family units, modular and mobile homes, hotels, motels, etc.) to the following:
- Essential businesses are those not previously deemed “non-essential” in Executive Order 2020-17 or 2020-18
Essential Activities. Allowable activities include:
- Caring for or visiting a family member in another residence or transporting or travelling with a family member as long as “social distancing” is adhered to;
- Obtaining necessary supplies and services (household goods, medical supplies, equipment for telecommuting)
- Engaging in activities essential for the health and safety of household (seeking medical, behavioral health, emergency services);
- Caring for pets;
- Engaging in outdoor exercise or recreational activities while maintaining a minimum distance of six feet;
- Attending religious services;
- Traveling as required by law (court proceedings, transporting children as required by court order).
Click Here to Read the Full Order
Closures & Cancelations on Hilton Head Island
Please note: the situation is evolving rapidly, and this is not an exhaustive list. Please call ahead to individual businesses to confirm closures or modifications to regular schedules. This page will communicate closures from our partners as we receive them:
Hotels/ Home & Villa/ Timeshare Closure:
- Omni Resort
- Sonesta Resort
- Inn & Club at Harbour Town
- Palmera Hotel & Suite
- Day's Inn
- Montage Palmetto Bluff
- Disney Resort
- Spinnaker Resorts:
- RBC Heritage Tournament: The PGA TOUR has announced the cancellation of tournaments through May 10th including the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing scheduled for April 13-19, 2020.
- Beaches: Hilton Head Island public beaches are closed. Private beaches remain open.
Request a free copy of the Hilton Head Island Vacation Planner and learn about all the attractions, activities, unique history and places to stay on Hilton Head Island.
Download Our App
Plan and Navigate your getaway on Hilton Head Island with our Island Compass app. Search for activities, restaurants, and attractions, get travel deals, view trip ideas, and create your own personalized itinerary.