Friday, December 6, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. (Town of Bluffton Christmas Tree Lighting)
Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 10 a.m. (Town of Bluffton Christmas Parade)
The public is invited to the 2019 Bluffton Christmas Tree-Lighting Ceremony and Parade Friday, December 6 and Saturday, December 7.
The Tree-Lighting ceremony will take place Friday at DuBois Park located at 67 Lawrence Street in Bluffton’s Historic District at 5:30 p.m. Mayor Lisa Sulka will announce the grand marshal of the Bluffton Christmas Parade, the Michael C. Riley Elementary school chorus will sing and Town leaders will light the Bluffton Christmas Tree. Finally, cookies and refreshments will be served under the Pavilion where Santa and Mrs. Claus will make a pre-Christmas visit.
The Bluffton Christmas Parade will begin Saturday, December 7 at 10 a.m. at the corner of Bridge and Pritchard Streets. Parade participants will make their way along the parade route and end in Bluffton Park at the corner of Pin Oak Street and 8th Avenue.
If your organization or business would like to participate in the parade, please fill out an on-line application on the Town of Bluffton website https://www.townofbluffton.sc.gov/christmas-parade. Application deadline is November 27 at the close of business. Please fill out an application before the deadline to allow for proper planning of the parade line-up. Thank you for your cooperation.
In order to keep the parade safe and enjoyable for all, we ask that the parade participants to adhers to the following guidelines:
• The parade begins at 10:00 a.m. Streets will begin closing at 8:00 a.m.
• All parade entries should report to assigned staging areas by 8:00 a.m.
• The parade ends at the intersection of Pin Oak Street and 8th Avenue.
• Tractor trailers are not permitted in the parade.
• Float trailers can't be more than 13 feet in height (measured from the ground).
• Be cautious of decoration heights due to low-lying tree limbs along the parade route.
• T-shirt cannons (or any other type of cannon/firing devices) are not allowed.
• Check EMAIL - Announcements and correspondence between participants and Town officials will be conducted via email up to the day of the parade. Please check spam and junk folders for lost emails.
• Applications for parade entries will be accepted until Wednesday, November 27th at close of business.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the parade!
For More Information:
Public Information Officer
Town of Bluffton
20 Bridge Street
Bluffton, South Carolina 29910
(Email): [email protected]