If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve more likely had a snow shovel in your hand than a sand wedge lately. Just about everywhere north of the Lowcountry is in the midst of another brutal winter.
We know. I, along with two other Lowcountry golf nuts, Tony Pineda, and assistant pro at Harbour Town, and Kaitlyn Buller, the Sales Manager for Brown Golf, just spent an exciting weekend answering questions and trading stories with smiling visitors at the Cincinnati Golf Show. One of the reasons the hundreds of folks who came by the Hilton Head Golf Island booth were smiling was that they were seeing the first 45-degree-plus weekend in ages, with not many more on the immediate horizon. The other was that we were the smiling faces of their golf futures, trips that were already planned, those that were in the planning stages, and those that were still just dreams—but dreams they wanted to realize as soon as they could trade in those snow shovels for sand wedges!Members of the Lowcountry Golf Course Owners are taking our show on the road for a third straight winter and hope you’ll come by and say hello, share your stories, register for a free golf vacation to one of our 30+ Lowcountry courses and even more housing options at the hotels, villas and residences represented throughout our golf-crazy region, and ask questions that’ll help you plan that next great golf getaway.
Here’s where we’ll be in the coming weeks:
- Cleveland Golf Show, Feb 20-22 at the I-X Center near the airport (always a huge event)
- Toronto Golf Show, Feb 20-22 at the International Centre in Missisaugua (a new location near the airport—and yes, we can be in two places at once)
- Boston Golf Show, Feb 27- Mar 1 at the Seaport World Trade Center (our first visit last year coincided with JetBlue’s first non-stop flights into the Lowcountry—fares are terrific)
- Chicago Golf Show, Feb 27- Mar 1 at the Donald Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont (we educated many new faces who usually look west to consider joining us—we’re just a non-stop flight away from O’Hare)
- Michigan Golf Show, March 6-8 at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI (we’re told it’s the biggest show in the country and we’re looking forward to meeting our Michigan friends again. Does Jim Harbaugh play?)
- Pittsburgh Golf Show, Mar 13-15 at the Monroeville Convention Center (right in the middle of so many who love Lowcountry Golf)
Come by and visit our gorgeous booths, roll a couple of putts on our “green”, register for our free trips, watch video of our wonderful courses, and ask the questions you’ve always had about planning golf in the Lowcountry—whether it’s a buddy trip (Hilton Head Island’s among Golf Digest’s Top 10 Buddy Trip destinations), how to fit in some golf with a family summer beach vacation, and how to get the most bang for your buck when planning a golf trip to the Lowcountry for 2 or 200. We love to hear your stories, everyone who’s been here has one! And we’ll also show you how you can get the latest deals, too!
We know you can’t wait to play because we can’t either, but we hope to, the day we get back “home”.