Pan Blackened Mahi
With sherry scallion cream and white cheddar grits
- 4 – 6 oz Mahi filets
- 2 ounces sherry scallion cream
- 4 ounces white cheddar grits
- 1 ounce crispy fried leeks
- Season Mahi with Cajun spice.
- Blacken in sauté pan and finish in 350° oven about 7 minutes
- Serve over white cheddar grits drizzle sherry scallion sauce and garnish with fried leeks
Sherry scallion cream sauce
- 1 ½ cup egg yolk ½ table spoon salt
- 3 cup ketchup 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup sherry 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cup Creole mustard
- ½ cup Tabasco
- 1 table spoon white pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix well
White cheddar grits
- 2 quarts water
- 1 table spoon butter
- 2 table spoons black pepper
- 1 table spoon salt
- 1 quart grits
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese
In a pot add water, butter, and heavy cream. When boiling add grits and seasoning. Add cheese at the end.
More Trending Stories
With so much to see and do in Hilton Head Island, proper fuel is a key part of getting ready for your next Lowcountry adventure.
Picking the perfect restaurant is tough. Not only do you need to consider the menu, but there’s also location. Does it have a bar? Is it family-friendly? What’s the dress code?
Find Your Island Time