Pan Blackened Mahi
With sherry scallion cream and white cheddar grits
- 4 – 6 oz Mahi filets
- 2 ounces sherry scallion cream
- 4 ounces white cheddar grits
- 1 ounce crispy fried leeks
- Season Mahi with Cajun spice.
- Blacken in sauté pan and finish in 350° oven about 7 minutes
- Serve over white cheddar grits drizzle sherry scallion sauce and garnish with fried leeks
Sherry scallion cream sauce
- 1 ½ cup egg yolk ½ table spoon salt
- 3 cup ketchup 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup sherry 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cup Creole mustard
- ½ cup Tabasco
- 1 table spoon white pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix well
White cheddar grits
- 2 quarts water
- 1 table spoon butter
- 2 table spoons black pepper
- 1 table spoon salt
- 1 quart grits
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese
In a pot add water, butter, and heavy cream. When boiling add grits and seasoning. Add cheese at the end.
More Trending Stories
Whether it's your first visit or your 50th, we want every visit to Hilton Head Island to feel like a dream vacation. With one of the top 10 family beaches in the U.S., an array of world-…
Is there anything that tastes more like summer than fresh, juicy, South Carolina peaches? We don't think so.
You can’t say “Hilton Head Island” and not think fresh, delicious, local seafood.
Find Your Island Time