Pan Blackened Mahi
With sherry scallion cream and white cheddar grits
- 4 – 6 oz Mahi filets
- 2 ounces sherry scallion cream
- 4 ounces white cheddar grits
- 1 ounce crispy fried leeks
- Season Mahi with Cajun spice.
- Blacken in sauté pan and finish in 350° oven about 7 minutes
- Serve over white cheddar grits drizzle sherry scallion sauce and garnish with fried leeks
Sherry scallion cream sauce
- 1 ½ cup egg yolk ½ table spoon salt
- 3 cup ketchup 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup sherry 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cup Creole mustard
- ½ cup Tabasco
- 1 table spoon white pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix well
White cheddar grits
- 2 quarts water
- 1 table spoon butter
- 2 table spoons black pepper
- 1 table spoon salt
- 1 quart grits
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese
In a pot add water, butter, and heavy cream. When boiling add grits and seasoning. Add cheese at the end.
More Trending Stories
You can’t say “Hilton Head Island” and not think fresh, delicious, local seafood.
Hilton Head Island may be known for its stunning beaches, Lowcountry hospitality, and world-class golf and tennis
One of the best ways to connect with people is by sharing a delicious meal. On Hilton Head Island, that often means diving into some of the world's freshest (and tastiest!) seafood.
Find Your Island Time