Ingredients for Flounder Sautéed Meuniere
- 4 Filets of Flounder
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup Blended Olive Oil
- ½ stick of Butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to Season
Method for the Flounder Sautéed Meuniere
- In a rectangular plastic container, lightly flour the filets by gently pressing them in to the flour. Make sure that both sides of the flounder are covered, and then shake off any excess.
- In another container, whip the eggs slightly. Then, dip the floured filets in the egg.
- Warm the oil in a large saut&eacaute; pan. When the oil has begun to pop, carefully place the filets of flounder in the pan.
- After both sides of the filets have become golden brown, pour off any excess oil left in the pan.
- Return the pan to heat. Add the butter, lemon, and white wine. Let simmer for a couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly in the bottom of the pan.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sides. (We like potatoes au gratin and some fresh vegetables!)
More Trending Stories
With so much to see and do in Hilton Head Island, proper fuel is a key part of getting ready for your next Lowcountry adventure.
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, many of us are getting ready to prepare and plan what to serve during the highly anticipated feast.
Find Your Island Time