Ingredients for Flounder Sautéed Meuniere
- 4 Filets of Flounder
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup Blended Olive Oil
- ½ stick of Butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to Season
Method for the Flounder Sautéed Meuniere
- In a rectangular plastic container, lightly flour the filets by gently pressing them in to the flour. Make sure that both sides of the flounder are covered, and then shake off any excess.
- In another container, whip the eggs slightly. Then, dip the floured filets in the egg.
- Warm the oil in a large saut&eacaute; pan. When the oil has begun to pop, carefully place the filets of flounder in the pan.
- After both sides of the filets have become golden brown, pour off any excess oil left in the pan.
- Return the pan to heat. Add the butter, lemon, and white wine. Let simmer for a couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly in the bottom of the pan.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sides. (We like potatoes au gratin and some fresh vegetables!)
More Trending Stories
Whether it's your first visit or your 50th, we want every visit to Hilton Head Island to feel like a dream vacation. With one of the top 10 family beaches in the U.S., an array of world-…
Is there anything that tastes more like summer than fresh, juicy, South Carolina peaches? We don't think so.
You can’t say “Hilton Head Island” and not think fresh, delicious, local seafood.
Find Your Island Time