Ingredients for Flounder Sautéed Meuniere
- 4 Filets of Flounder
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup Blended Olive Oil
- ½ stick of Butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to Season
Method for the Flounder Sautéed Meuniere
- In a rectangular plastic container, lightly flour the filets by gently pressing them in to the flour. Make sure that both sides of the flounder are covered, and then shake off any excess.
- In another container, whip the eggs slightly. Then, dip the floured filets in the egg.
- Warm the oil in a large saut&eacaute; pan. When the oil has begun to pop, carefully place the filets of flounder in the pan.
- After both sides of the filets have become golden brown, pour off any excess oil left in the pan.
- Return the pan to heat. Add the butter, lemon, and white wine. Let simmer for a couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly in the bottom of the pan.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sides. (We like potatoes au gratin and some fresh vegetables!)
More Trending Stories
One of the best ways to connect with people is by sharing a delicious meal. On Hilton Head Island, that often means diving into some of the world's freshest (and tastiest!) seafood.
Ingredients for Blackened Local Mahi Mahi 4 Mahi Mahi Filets, 7 oz each Hudson’s Blackening Seasoning 2 oz fresh Jumbo Lump Crabmeat 1 cup Spinach 2 tbsp Mayonnaise 2 tbsp Parmesan
Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.For the cake: Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt…
Find Your Island Time
Hilton Head is America’s favorite island, offering 12 miles of pristine beaches and everything you need for the ultimate retreat. Enjoy easy days relaxing in the sun, sand and surf on some of the best beaches in the country.