Ingredients for The Crazy Crab Harbour Town She Crab Soup:
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 gallon water
- 5 oz. crab base (found in your grocery store or online)
- ½ oz. lobster base (found in your grocery store or online)
- 1.5 lbs. crab claw meat
- .25 oz. black pepper
- 1 tsp. black pepper (more to taste)
- 2 Tbs. Old Bay seasoning (more to taste)
- 1 ¼ c. Sherry
- Roux (Recipe from the Food Network courtesy of Alton Brown here)
Preparation for The Crazy Crab Harbour Town She Crab Soup:
- Combine all in large stock pot.
- Place the stock pot on medium-high heat and bring to just a boil.
- Make the white roux as noted from Food Network
- Once the pot has just reach boiling, turn off the heat and whisk in the roux.
- Stir in the Sherry.
- Serve immediately, or simmer until ready to serve.
More Trending Stories
Whether it's your first visit or your 50th, we want every visit to Hilton Head Island to feel like a dream vacation. With one of the top 10 family beaches in the U.S., an array of world-…
Is there anything that tastes more like summer than fresh, juicy, South Carolina peaches? We don't think so.
You can’t say “Hilton Head Island” and not think fresh, delicious, local seafood.
Find Your Island Time