Ingredients for The Crazy Crab Harbour Town She Crab Soup:
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 gallon water
- 5 oz. crab base (found in your grocery store or online)
- ½ oz. lobster base (found in your grocery store or online)
- 1.5 lbs. crab claw meat
- .25 oz. black pepper
- 1 tsp. black pepper (more to taste)
- 2 Tbs. Old Bay seasoning (more to taste)
- 1 ¼ c. Sherry
- Roux (Recipe from the Food Network courtesy of Alton Brown here)
Preparation for The Crazy Crab Harbour Town She Crab Soup:
- Combine all in large stock pot.
- Place the stock pot on medium-high heat and bring to just a boil.
- Make the white roux as noted from Food Network
- Once the pot has just reach boiling, turn off the heat and whisk in the roux.
- Stir in the Sherry.
- Serve immediately, or simmer until ready to serve.
More Trending Stories
You can’t say “Hilton Head Island” and not think fresh, delicious, local seafood.
Hilton Head Island may be known for its stunning beaches, Lowcountry hospitality, and world-class golf and tennis
One of the best ways to connect with people is by sharing a delicious meal. On Hilton Head Island, that often means diving into some of the world's freshest (and tastiest!) seafood.
Find Your Island Time