Ingredients for The Crazy Crab Harbour Town She Crab Soup:
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 gallon water
- 5 oz. crab base (found in your grocery store or online)
- ½ oz. lobster base (found in your grocery store or online)
- 1.5 lbs. crab claw meat
- .25 oz. black pepper
- 1 tsp. black pepper (more to taste)
- 2 Tbs. Old Bay seasoning (more to taste)
- 1 ¼ c. Sherry
- Roux (Recipe from the Food Network courtesy of Alton Brown here)
Preparation for The Crazy Crab Harbour Town She Crab Soup:
- Combine all in large stock pot.
- Place the stock pot on medium-high heat and bring to just a boil.
- Make the white roux as noted from Food Network
- Once the pot has just reach boiling, turn off the heat and whisk in the roux.
- Stir in the Sherry.
- Serve immediately, or simmer until ready to serve.
More Trending Stories
Ingredients for Blackened Local Mahi Mahi 4 Mahi Mahi Filets, 7 oz each Hudson’s Blackening Seasoning 2 oz fresh Jumbo Lump Crabmeat 1 cup Spinach 2 tbsp Mayonnaise 2 tbsp Parmesan
Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.For the cake: Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt…
Find Your Island Time
Hilton Head is America’s favorite island, offering 12 miles of pristine beaches and everything you need for the ultimate retreat. Enjoy easy days relaxing in the sun, sand and surf on some of the best beaches in the country.