Ingredients for Panko Fried Stuffed Blue Crab:
- Two type 1 male blue crabs
- 12 ounces of jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 ounces of chives
- 2 ounces of parsley
- 6 ounces of Panko
- 2 ounces of Texas Pete buffalo wing sauce
- 2 ounces if Worcester sauce
- 6 ounces of mayo
- 2 ounces of old bay
- One ear of corn (cut in half)
- 3 red skin potatoes (whole)
Preparation for Basil Oil:
- In a largo bowl mix chives , parsley, Texas Pete , Worcester , mayo , and Old Bay . Add the crab meat in by folding it into the mixture. Be careful not to break the jumbo crab meat into small pieces.
- Once the mixture is even and consistent, cover and set aside.
- Remove the upper shell of the blue crab and clean out the interior of the body . (The crab meat from inside the blue crab can be added to the mixture or left in the shell to cook).
- Once the crab is cleaned, boil the shell for 10 minutes to assure all the crab meat in the claws, and any meat left in the crab, is cooked thoroughly.
- Once the shell is cooked, fill the cavity with a palm sized amount of the crab mixture. Then, dip the crab in milk, then flour, then milk again, and then drip in Panko.
- Deep fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and potatoes to the boiling water and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with tartar sauce or a spicy aioli and enjoy!
More Trending Stories
With so much to see and do in Hilton Head Island, proper fuel is a key part of getting ready for your next Lowcountry adventure.
In our minds, summertime is synonymous with patio season. The sun shining, the ocean’s waves lapping, and drinks flowing – what could be better than that?
The popularity of craft spirits is on the rise here in South Carolina.
Find Your Island Time