Carolina Crab Company Panko Fried Stuffed Blue Crab
Ingredients for Panko Fried Stuffed Blue Crab:
· Two type 1 male blue crabs
· 12 ounces of jumbo lump crab meat
· 2 ounces of chives
· 2 ounces of parsley
· 6 ounces of Panko
· 2 ounces of Texas Pete buffalo wing sauce
· 2 ounces if Worcester sauce
· 6 ounces of mayo
· 2 ounces of old bay
· One ear of corn (cut in half)
· 3 red skin potatoes (whole)
Preparation for Basil Oil:
· In a largo bowl mix chives , parsley, Texas Pete , Worcester , mayo , and Old Bay . Add the crab meat in by folding it into the mixture. Be careful not to break the jumbo crab meat into small pieces.
· Once the mixture is even and consistent, cover and set aside.
· Remove the upper shell of the blue crab and clean out the interior of the body . (The crab meat from inside the blue crab can be added to the mixture or left in the shell to cook).
· Once the crab is cleaned, boil the shell for 10 minutes to assure all the crab meat in the claws, and any meat left in the crab, is cooked thoroughly.
· Once the shell is cooked, fill the cavity with a palm sized amount of the crab mixture. Then, dip the crab in milk, then flour, then milk again, and then drip in Panko.
· Deep fry for 5 minutes.
· Add the corn and potatoes to the boiling water and set the timer for 10 minutes.
· Serve with tartar sauce or a spicy aioli and enjoy!