Summer’s on Hilton Head Island are bursting with fun activities for kids and parents, from kayaking to music to farms and playgrounds, Hilton Head is known to generations of visitors as a great place to play outdoors. But what about when you need a break from the beach…or come across one of those rare rainy days on the Island? The “Summer Fun Series” brought to you by The Sandbox is just what you are looking for.
The Sandbox, which is an Interactive Children’s Museum located just off Pope Avenue on the South End of Hilton Head is a indoor play-place based on the Lowcountry – designed to encourage playtime and learning between children and caregivers. It hosts an infant/toddler room, an airplane, arts and crafts room, pirate ship, sandbox and much much more. Throughout the summer, there are twice daily activities for you to enjoy with your child. Joe and I are members and enjoy taking Gray there as much as possible! Hope to see you there!
Here is the schedule of events from now through July (check with The Sandbox for Aug programs).
Call 843.842.7645 or thesandbox.org
- 9:30am – Get Fired Up with Pottery – $15 includes admission so you can stay and play! Plates will be ready by the following Friday. Advanced registration recommended.
- 1:30pm – Decorate Your Own Cupcake – eat at The Sandbox or take home!
- 10:30am & 1:30pm – Crafty Kids! Included in Admission
- 7/3 Holiday Crafts
- 7/10 Yostie’s Puppet Show (10:30am only)
- 7/17 Thumbprint Designs
- 7/24 Sand Art: Small Keepsake
- 7/31 Yostie’s Puppet Show (10:30am only)
- 6:00pm – Parents Night Out, Kids Night In – $25 per child/$15 per sibling and members. Call Early!!! This Fills Up Fast!
- 9:30am – Interactive Art Class led by local artist, Veronica Martini – $10 includes admission and supplies! Advanced registration recommended.
- 7/4 No Class/Join us for our POP! Goes the Fourth Celebration from 10am – 2pm
- 7/11 Picture Frame Art: Keepsake of your Hilton Head vacation made with shells and sand dollars
- 7/18 Sand Hand Mosiac: Keepsake of your little one’s handprint with Hilton Head Island Sand
- 7/25 Alligator: Bring home a replica of the alligator made from repurposed products
- 10:30am – Imagination Hour, Story Time & Craft
- 10:30am – Coastal Critters with Coastal Discovery Museum – Volunteers from the Coastal Discovery Museumwill talk about our local critters followed by a related craft to take home. This presentation will have some artifacts but no live animals.
- 6/29 Loggerhead Sea Turtle
- 7/6 Butterflies
- 7/13 Dolphins
- 7/20 Loggerhead Sea Turtle
- 7/27 Butterflies
Happy Sandbox Day Ya’all!