Hudson’s Blackened Local Mahi Mahi
With Spinach, Jumbo Lump Crab, and Parmesan crust
Ingredients for Blackened Local Mahi Mahi
- 4 Mahi Mahi Filets, 7 oz each
- Hudson’s Blackening Seasoning (available at www.Hudsonsonthedocks.com)
- 2 oz fresh Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
- 1 cup Spinach
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Parmesan
Method for Blackened Local Mahi Mahi
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly season with blackening season.
- Sauté in pan on both sides for about one minute.
- While fish is cooking, in a mixing bowl add mayonnaise, crab, spinach, and parmesan.
- Remove fish from pan and place spinach mixture on top.
- Cook in oven for about 8 minutes.
Method for Sauce, Tomato Coulis
- Toss 3 vine ripe tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Then roast tomatoes at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Roast 3 garlic cloves in extra virgin olive oil for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool and put into blender with tomatoes.
- Add ¼ cup of chicken stock and ¼ cup of cream.
- Blend until smooth.
- Put on bottom of the plate, and then add fish and crust.
Hudson’s Seafood House on the Docks