Destination Weddings in Bluffton, South Carolina
When you’re in Bluffton, you can see and feel the love.
Bluffton is a charming, historic, coastal town, centrally located between Savannah and Charleston – the perfect destination wedding location! Imagine a ceremony set against a stunning backdrop of breathtaking water views. A waterside chapel, a grove of ancient oak trees, a bluff overlooking the beloved May River at sunset…where do you want your special day to take place?
You couldn’t wish for a more romantic setting than Montage Palmetto Bluff, offering expansive views of the May River and majestic oaks. The quaint Village Square is well-suited for celebrating with your guests under the massive branches of ancient oak trees. Unique historical venues include the Heyward House and Colcock-Teel House, with interesting architecture and picturesque grounds.
Start planning your Bluffton wedding by contacting Kim Nelson at (843) 341-8386.
Wedding Applications & Important Information
Here are a few things you should know before planning a Bluffton wedding:
- Both applicants must apply in person at the Office of the Judge of Probate at the county courthouse or the Probate Court Satellite office on Hilton Head Island.
- Beaufort Office: The Beaufort County Courthouse is located at 102 Ribaut Road, at the Government Center at the corner of Ribaut Road and US Hwy. 21 in Beaufort, SC - (843) 255-5850, and is open Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Hilton Head Island Office: The Probate Court Satellite Office is located at 539 Wm. Hilton Parkway, Hilton Head Island, SC - (843) 255-5866, and the Judge is available only Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays, 9am-4pm, by appointment only.
Other Important Information
- Valid identification is required, including Social Security number and another form of ID, such as a state driver's license with picture, birth certificate (only if bride or groom is under 18), passport, military ID, military department's ID or state ID.
- A marriage license may be used statewide. The cost of the license ranges from $50-$95. Cash and correct change is required.
- A blood test is not required.
- There is a 24-hour waiting period.
- The ceremony may be performed by a minister or Notary Public.
- South Carolina does not have Justices of the Peace.
- To hear a recording about this information, please call (843) 255-5875.
Culture, Charm, & Character
Request a free copy of the Hilton Head Island Vacation Planner and learn about all the attractions, activities, unique history and places to stay on Hilton Head Island.
Download Our App
Plan and Navigate your getaway on Hilton Head Island with our Island Compass app. Search for activities, restaurants, and attractions, get travel deals, view trip ideas, and create your own personalized itinerary.