Wedding Applications & Important Information
Here are a few things you should know before planning a Hilton Head Island wedding
Both applicants must apply in person at the Office of the Judge of Probate at the county courthouse or the Probate Court Satellite office on Hilton Head Island.
The Beaufort County Courthouse is located at 102 Ribaut Road, at the Government Center at the corner of Ribaut Road and US Hwy. 21 in Beaufort, SC (843-255-5850), and is open Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Hilton Head Island Office
The Probate Court Satellite Office is located at 539 Wm. Hilton Parkway, Hilton Head Island, SC (843-255-5866), and the Judge is available only Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays, 9am-4pm, by appointment only.
Other Important Information
- Wedding ceremonies that will be preformed on the beach require a permit from the Town of Hilton Head Island. More information on getting a permit.
- Valid identification is required, including Social Security number and another form of ID, such as a state driver's license with picture, birth certificate (only if bride or groom is under 18), passport, military ID, military department's ID or state ID.
- A marriage license may be used statewide. The cost of the license ranges from $50-$95. Cash and correct change is required.
- A blood test is not required.
- There is a 24-hour waiting period.
- The ceremony may be performed by a minister or Notary Public.
- South Carolina does not have Justices of the Peace.
To hear a recording about this information, please call (843) 255-5875.