Getting married can be stressful, but let it be a happy time! There are plenty of amazing vendors on Hilton Head Island here to serve your every need. Professional, friendly wedding vendors are here to serve you and make your day memorable.
How do you know you’re hiring the right vendor? Here are some tips:
- Ask how many years they’ve been in the business.
- See if they belong to any professional organizations. The Lowcountry Wedding Professionals have a Facebook page. “Like” them and read more about them!
- Reviews make a difference. Both Wedding Wire.com and Wedding Channel.com are great resources to read what their past clients have to say about their work.
- Ask around. If you feel comfortable with your florist, for instance, ask him or her who they think would be the best vendor in the other categories you are looking to hire.
- How quick do they respond to your phone calls and email? How well are they listening to your needs? Is there a good synergy between you and the vendor?
- What does your gut tell you? My mother always told me to trust the intuition we all have inside. If you are basing your final decision on price alone, you may get burnt. Your wedding day is too important to only go with the least expensive vendor.
I receive a lot of panic calls everyday from bride and grooms feeling completely overwhelmed. Once we take one item at a time and focus on the decisions that need to be made first (such as your venue and caterer), the rest will fall into place. Don’t jump to the 5th item on the list without crossing off the first 4 details.
Lastly, I can’t stress enough how important it is to hire a professional wedding planner. Even if you can only afford him or her the last week of the wedding, put it in the budget. Especially if you are a destination bride to Hilton Head Island!
The Hilton Head Island Chamber of Commerce is a great first resource to beginning your planning!