For years I’ve been helping my daughters go to sleep with fantastical stories about “A magical place where all your dreams come true.” For them this usually entails chocolate rivers with marshmallow boats and really fun fairies with magical wands.
With each imaginative journey, I’ve secretly thought to myself, “Where’s my fantasyland?” and that question was answered when I made good on a gift certificate to FACES Day Spa, in the Village at Wexford.
FACES’ spa menu is like floating on a chocolate river and you are the magical, wand-welding fairy—it’s just that fabulous.
Now celebrating 30 years of ahhhh moments for clients, FACES Day Spa offers some of the most creative and pampering services in Hilton Head and the surrounding area.
Treatments include (just to name a few dazzlers):
- Ice Cream Pedicure-Make your feet smile with a strawberry fizz foot soak, chocolate sugar scrub, cooling caramel mask, and vanilla whipped cream lotion.
- Night on the Town Facial-Get instant gratification with a facial toning treatment and intensive resurfacing peel.
- Bamboo Fusion Massage-Escape to warm tropical breezes using bamboo rattan sets that are warmed and applied using Swedish and deep tissue massage techniques.
- Spa Journey Aromabath-Select an aroma inspired from cultures around the globe and relax in FACES’ private, luxurious whirlpool bath with jetted body shower.
- Golf Widow’s Revenge-Enjoy FACES’ SignatureSkin facial, AroMassage, Patty’s Peppermint SugarScrub, and PeppermintPedi. (Named ones of the “best day spa services” by Salon Today magazine).
One of the most comprehensive spas in the entire southeast, FACES includes six treatment rooms, a wet room with hydrotherapy tub, a steam room and locker room with sauna, a serene relaxation lounge, a chemical-free nail studio, and retail section selling professional cosmetic lines such as Murad, Eminence Organics, Strivectin, Youngblood cosmetics and OPI.
Because FACES has been in the beauty biz for so long, they also carry their own exclusive private label line of SignatureSkincare and CustomColour mineral makeup, as well as their Just Relax! signature bath and body collection, cozy bedding and robes, trendy home décor and fun gifts.
FACES awards and honors include:
- The 2012 Diamond Award winner for best Day Spa from Day Spa magazine.
- The Southeastern regional finalist for the U. S. Chamber’s Small Business of the Year award in 2009 and 2007.
- The 2006 Small Business of the Year for South Carolina.
- First place runner up for the 2005 South Carolina Small Business of the Year.
- The 1996 Hilton Head Island Small Business of the Year.
- Being named one of the nation’s 60 Blue Ribbon Winners by the U.S. Chamber for 2009-2006.
- Receiving the SpaWish Gold Symbol of Excellence.
- Being featured in Salon Today Magazine, Allure, Vogue, Pulse, The Wall Street Journal, Golf for Women magazine, South Carolina magazine, Orlando magazine, Naples Illustrated and Today’s Chicago Woman magazine.
- Winning “Best Day Spa, Best Massage and Best Manicure/Pedicure” in the Island Packet Reader’s Choice awards for seven years in a row and being voted “Favorite Island Spa” by the readers of Hilton Head Monthly magazine six times.
After my “Wine Wrapture” full body treatment and “Fire and Ice” facial, I found myself feeling every bit the princess. To book your trip to a distant land of awesomeness, call FACES at (843) 785-3075.
Be well, Becca