When you’re in Bluffton, you can see and feel the love.
Bluffton is a charming, historic, coastal town, with at its heart, the May River. Its central location between Savannah and Charleston makes Bluffton a wonderful gathering point for destination weddings in South Carolina, and for family and friends to share in the wedding of your dreams.
Imagine the Bluffton charm of a ceremony set against a stunning backdrop of breathtaking water views. A waterside chapel, a grove of ancient oak trees, a bluff overlooking the beloved May River at sunset… where do you want your special day to take place?
You could not wish for a more romantic setting than Palmetto Bluff, offering expansive views of the May River and majestic oaks. The quaint Village Square is well suited for celebrating with your guests under the massive branches of ancient oak trees.
The Bluffton Historical Preservation Society has two unique venues-the Heyward House and the Colcock-Teel House. The picturesque grounds of both historic homes provide beautiful settings for your Bluffton Lowcountry wedding.
At Colleton River Plantation Club, the possibilities are endless. Brides have the option of having their wedding ceremonies on expansive lawns overlooking the Colleton River or in one of two well-appointed clubhouses.
Make your first call to Kim Nelson, who can assist you with her expertise at no cost to you: (843) 341-8386 or email email@example.com.
Wedding Applications & Important Information
Here are a few things you should know before planning a Bluffton wedding:
- Both applicants must apply in person at the Office of the Judge of Probate at the county courthouse or the Probate Court Satellite office on Hilton Head Island.
- Beaufort Office
The Beaufort County Courthouse is located at 102 Ribaut Road, at the Government Center at the corner of Ribaut Road and US Hwy. 21 in Beaufort, SC - (843) 255-5850, and is open Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Hilton Head Island Office
The Probate Court Satellite Office is located at 539 Wm. Hilton Parkway, Hilton Head Island, SC - (843) 255-5866, and the Judge is available only Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays, 9am-4pm, by appointment only.
Other Important Information
- Valid identification is required, including Social Security number and another form of ID, such as a state driver's license with picture, birth certificate (only if bride or groom is under 18), passport, military ID, military department's ID or state ID.
- A marriage license may be used statewide. The cost of the license ranges from $50-$95. Cash and correct change is required.
- A blood test is not required.
- There is a 24-hour waiting period.
- The ceremony may be performed by a minister or Notary Public.
- South Carolina does not have Justices of the Peace.
- To hear a recording about this information, please call (843) 255-5875.